Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Scarfs, Scarfs and more Scarfs!

One day, while I was out shopping with my mom at the local craft store, I told her that I wanted to learn how to knit.

Fast Foward a few weeks to Christmas Eve....Kevin and I had gone over to see my mom and step-dad for Christmas and to exchange gifts before they left for the Vegas vacation. When I opened my gifts, I started to laugh because she had gotten me some knitting looms and yarn.

My first attempt at knitting didn't quite come out because I didn't really know what I was doing and is now falling apart. I used a regular multi colored pastel blue and purple yarn.

After the first one, I discovered chenile yarn at JoAnn's....nice and soft! I thought it would make a really nice scarf as I was actually getting pretty cold here in California. Here is the start of one that I made....


By this time I was hooked and in two weekend, I had made five scarfs.... Midnight Blue, Black, Periwinkle Blue, Hunter Green and an Ameythist print...


Each of these scarfs take almost two skeins to make and are hand-washable. I made the midnight blue one for my best friend Becca and a black for her mom, the green one for my bestest best friend Karen, and periwinkle blue on for me and the ameythist print for a friend of Kevin's. These are the adult versions.

When my friend's son, Dreu, saw the scarfs, he wanted me to make him one, which I did. I made the adult version a little thinner for a child to wear.


I ended up making two of them....one for Dreu (which he loved when I gave it to him) and one for my niece, Rhiannon.

I've been a busy little girl....now if I could just learn to use my knitting needles!

1 comment:

Kassia525 said...

Look at all of the pretty yarn... and the prettiest color is for me!