Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Current changes mean that baby girl isn't a baby anymore....

I still can't believe that Faith is three years old!  Seriously!  Where has the time gone?

Well, back in July of last year, we moved Faith from a day care center to a preschool.  We had looked into this particular preschool before, but they wouldn't take kids until they were two.  When a spot finally opened up for her, we jumped and moved her immediately!

That being said, since the move, her daddy and I can see a HUGE difference in her.  She knew her alphabets at an early age, but she has since learned her numbers, her shaped, and her colors.  She talks like a child well beyond her years and is fairly smart for her age.

Since she knows her letters, we decided that it was time that she start learning to read and write words.  Daddy has been practicing with her on his days offs on how to perfect writing her name.  Last night she came over to me on the couch and showed me her latest piece of work.

Not bad for a 3-year old!
Daddy had written her name in the top corner of her board and she did her best to copy it.  She was all proud of herself.  He then started writing words on the board and had her reading them.  Like I said, smart girl!

Another transition in our household has been a long time coming.  You see, Faith was still sleeping in her crib.  And now that she's turned three, and we are talking about trying for another child, it was time to transition her from her crib to a toddler bed.  Since her crib is a convertible bed, it meant taking one of the sides off the crib.  Lucky for us, my brother had saved the bed wing that my nephews had used as little kids and gave it to us to use.


I came home from work yesterday to find that daddy had finally made the change.  Needless to say, Faith was excited.  On the other hand, mommy and daddy were afraid of what might happen, mainly about her getting out of bed and playing instead of sleeping or waking up early and coming into our room and waking us up.

Well, when it came time to put her to bed in her new big girl bed, she was excited.  We proceeded with our normal bedtime routine and put her to bed just like we did every night and left her room.  When I went to check on her about an hour later because I had thought I had heard a thump come from her room upstairs, we found her fast sleep.  Success on the first night. 

I just love watching my baby sleep!


No comments: