Thursday, November 20, 2008

A funny thing happened on the way to work this morning.....

Well, yesterday at work, I realized that we never received the Stipulation to Continue Trial back from an opposing party in a case. I had to tell Mike that the hearing we were trying to continue was still on calendar and he had a trial in Visalia at the same time. Well, he ended up asking me to appear for him in front of the judge and ask for a continuance. I said I would go and take care of it.

Well, I went home last night and told Kevin what had happened and what I had to do in the morning. He thought it was cool and that he was going to follow me to the court house and take pictures. I told him he couldn't do that because the court would not allow it. He just thought it was cool because it was the first time in my career that I was having to go before a judge and it might help prepare me for the future when I become an attorney.

So this morning I get up and get dressed for work. I had to wear something nice because I was going to court. (I normally go to wear in jeans and a nice button up shirt with tennis shoes...I know...I love my job!) So I get dressed in a nice skirt and purple blouse and knee high boots. I even put on make-up this morning (very rare for me).

Well, as I was leaving the house, Kevin grabbed my camera and started taking pictures of me leaving the house. When I asked him what he was doing, he told me that he was documenting my first appearance in front of a judge.

Well, here I am leaving the house for work. This is the picture Kevin just had to take before I left!

2 comments:

Kassia525 said...

This is just too cute... but where are the pictures?

Kevin and Heather said...

They are coming. I have to down load them from my camera and I can't seem to find my card reader.