Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Preparing for Baby's Arrival

On Thursday, February 25, I went to see Dr. Swanson for my 38-week check up with Kevin in tow. Dr. Swanson did his usual exam and then checked my cervix to see if I was dialated yet, which, according to him, I was to a one. After he finished his exam, he looked at us and told me that he wanted me to check into the hospital Sunday night at 5 p.m. and he would meet with me at the hospital first thing Monday morning. Not really sure about what is going on, we said okay and went home.

Well, once Kevin and I got home, we realized that there was still quite a bit a things that we needed to do before the baby's arrival, like finish hanging up pictures in the nursery and going to have some maternity pictures taken.

On Sunday morning, Kevin and I went to the mall and had some maternity pictures taken of us before the baby came. This was the first time the two of us had had our pictures taken like that, aside from our wedding, was when we had first started dating, nearly twelve years ago. That task alone nearly took all afternoon. Needless to say, we didn't make it to the hospital on time, but when Kevin is involved, when are we ever on time!

No comments: