Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's been awhile!

I know. I haven't posted anything to my blog in quite a while. I won't lie. Kev and I have been pretty busy as we both have pretty hectic schedules. Here is what has gone on the last couple of months:

May 2009: I turned 30 on the 13th. I didn't do much that day. Kev and I had originally planned for me to work a half-day and then we were going to go to the Visalia Rawhide game since it was an afternoon game. That never happened as Kevin got directed at work and had to work a double. He ended up taking me to an early dinner at Famous Dave's, so it didn't turn out that bad. For the Memorial Day holiday, Kevin and I drove up to Shaver Lake to spend the weekend with his family at the new family cabin they just bought.

June 2009: We got to enjoy quite a few Rawhide games this month. You all know us and baseball! Kevin and I did get to attend the 2009 California/Carolina League's All-Star game in Lake Elsinore. We had a lot of fun and met a few new friends in the process. Kevin and I were able to get two bats, one for each league, signed by the entire team! We had two Rawhide boys there and got to see them both pitch amazing innings. In the end, the Cal League beat the Carolina league in the bottom of the tenth with a walk-off home run! The following weekend, I got to go to Pismo for a couple of days with Becca and her family. It was so nice to escape the heat of the valley for the nice cool, overcast weather of the coast. On Saturday, we drove over to the Oceano Dunes to meet up with Matt and his family for a couple of hours. Matt took everyone riding on the dunes in his Jeep. Dreu had an awesome time. We also took Wes and Beek down to the water to let them play. Although Beek fell asleep in Auntie Jessi's arms before we got to the water, Wes had a good time pulling me into the water and riding on the boogie board. I'm sure he slept the entire way home after all of that excitement!

July 2009: I spent the Fourth of July holiday at Shaver Lake with Kev's family and celebrated Melissa's 23rd birthday. Friday night, we sat out in the lake on the boat watching the fireworks. Kevin came up on Monday morning and we stayed until Wednesday night. On the following Saturday, Becca and I drove up to spend the weekend on the lake with the family again after going on our weekly dog walk out at Woodward Park. We had a great time until I got really sick on Sunday. Becca had to take me back down the hill before Kevin even got there. When I got home, I took a shower and slept the whole rest of the day. The next weekend, Kevin and I went to San Jose for the weekend for a Union convention that he had to attend. I met a few San Jose Sharks hockey players while waiting out in the lobby for Kevin just before lunch one day. That was the highlight of my day. On Sunday, after Kevin was done, we went shopping at the Gilroy outlets and then ended up in Santa Cruz at the Boardwalk (my first time!). While we were there, we found a street called 'Westbrook Street'! For dinner, Kevin took me to my favorite Italian food restaurant, Carinos! (They have the BEST lasagna!) So far, the rest of July has been pretty uneventful. We did go to a few Reno Aces' game when they were in town playing the Grizzlies, but that was about it.

I promise I'll be posting more often. Kevin and I are going to have some changes coming up in the near future that I will be posting. Until then, much love from the Westbrook's!

2 comments:

Kassia525 said...

I didn't realize that it had been so long since you last posted to your blog!

Kevin and Heather said...

Yeah...it's been a LONG time. I promise to keep it up now!