Friday, March 6, 2009

I bought myself a new bible.....

Well, Kevin and I have made the biggest decision we will make together at husband and wife. We have decided to try to start a family together. Before we left on vacation, we jokingly told our families that we were hoping to bring home a little souvenir in about nine months. The funny part of the whole thing was when I told everyone that I was too sick to enjoy our last day in Florida, everyone asked me if I was morning sick. The answer to that is....no.

Well, yesterday, I was talking to a client who has two daughters who are 3 years old and 10 months old. We were talking about the fact the Kev and I are trying to have a baby. Well, she originally came in to talk about her case and we ended up talking for half an hour about what to do. She recommended that I go out and buy a book entitled 'What to Expect When You Are Expecting'. It is apparently supposed to be the pregnancy bible and my client told me that it helped her through both of her pregnancies. (She's not the first person to recommend this book to me, though.) Well, I did after work.

The funny part is the fact that Kev is reading it too. I had set in on the coffee table while I ate dinner last night and Kev started to read through it while I ate. When he was done, I started to read it, only to have him start laughing at me. Who knew that you had to have so many shots before you became pregnant....and I HATE needles!

Well, I guess now is the waiting game. We'll keep trying and we'll both keep reading the book hoping that sometime in the near future we will be pregnant. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Kassia525 said...

Too cute that you're both reading it!

So you have to get shots when you're trying to get pregnant now? I knew about the bloodwork during pregnancy and then the pain of natural childbirth... guess I have something else to add to my list of why adoption is a much better option ;-)